Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Cupcakes And A Store Are In Order

A little over a year since I started my business, it dawned on me that the baking world never really slows down. Barely recovering from the busiest wedding cake month we ever had, other projects are on their way. We recently moved to a new facility in Berkeley. The kitchen is barely set up, but we must keep going. Cake orders for next spring and summer weddings are streaming in. Christmas cookies are in production. We will also be supporting a local charter school, Oakland School for the Arts, during their open house Gala on January 8, 2010, by donating lots and lots of cupcakes.



I've always dreamed of owning my own bakery, an actual 'brick-and-mortar' one. I spent the last couple of months researching for a place, trends, what I like, what I don't like, whether it's a crazy idea to begin with (in this economy), etc. True, it is basically a process one must go through to build a business plan. I found out, though, that it can be a true soul searching experience. I found out more about who I am and what I am capable of. It sort of build a bit of confidence in me.




On top of that, Indie Cakes will participate in Modern Bridal Fair next month at the Claremont Hotel and Resort in Berkeley. There will be lots of wedding vendors and lots of food to sample. We will prepare hundreds of mini cupcakes for this. It is quite an elegant event, so if you are planning a wedding or know someone who is, come over and check out our booth. For more info, go to http://www.modernbridal.com/.











No comments:

Post a Comment